Don’t pack your no-show socks away with your summer wardrobe just yet. Cooler weather means warmer socks, especially thick merino and wool blends for cold climates. But an active lifestyle can produce sweat and friction between warm socks and thick shoes, meaning your feet are subject to as much wear and tear as they can receive in summer months.
Stomper Joe no-show liner socks are the perfect base layer for warm, dry, soft feet. The absorbent elements of our socks means that they will draw away and absorb the moisture from your skin, a process known as ”wicking.” Layer your favorite wool or blended winter socks on top of the base sock, and stomp away knowing you’ll have no chafing or itching during the winter months!
Bromodosis is the medical word for having smelly feet. While we all can have a slightly rank odor from our feet after a long, hot day, Bromodosis usually refers to an odor which smell in spite of the best hygiene habits.
First, examine your shoes. Are they made of synthetic material with little room for air circulation? If so, try opting for shoes made of natural fibers and materials over artificial ones. Bear in mind, that leather can be an especially smelly culprit, so always ensure that you have a sock buffer between the foot and the leather sides and insoles.
Wash feet daily with a neutral ph balanced soap, and dry them very carefully, especially between the toes. Bacteria just thrive in moist conditions. Follow up with a medicated foot powder, and whenever possible, use socks again to absorb the normal perspiration that will occur during the course of the day.
Try to never re-wear your socks without washing them. Use a gentle soap that doesn’t cause any chemical reactions with the sensitive skin on the sole of your feet (it is this very sensitivity which is why reflexology is so successful.) When you change environments from school to home, or after a long drive, try and change both socks and shoes whenever possible.
Bamboo is a material with very impressive anti-bacterial qualities. The nature of the fiber content means that the material has very little porosity and excellent absorbency. Because of the smooth lining of the bamboo, bacteria simply do not have an environment in which they can thrive. Stomper Joe’s bamboo low cut socks are one of our top selling products and available in black, white and gray.
If Bromodosis is still a problem, check with a medical professional. Excessively smelly feet can also be due to hyperhidrosis, a condition in which excessive sweating exists all over one’s body.
One reason that Stomper Joe no-show footlet socks are so popular is the large silicone grip that we have on the inside of the heel. The very nature of silicone means that the grip forms just enough cohesion with the skin that the sock does not slide, even with extreme movement and temperature variations.
Silicone is a fascinating material with extremely stable chemical properties. It holds up very well to heat and moisture with no health risks. Silicone is so versatile it is used in many every day house hold items such as cookware, glue, and toys. It is even used in the medical field in many surgical applications from dentistry to even breast implants. The positives are so widely known that aeronautics and engineers use it for aircraft assembly.
By contrast, silicon (without the ”e”) is 14th on the table of elements, a naturally occurring hard metalloid. It is the second most abundant element on the planet earth because of it’s excellent ability to conduct electricity. Silicon Valley would not be what it is today without this incredible metal. Sand, quartz, and even slate are all variations of silicon.
And that is Stomper Joe’s chemistry lesson for the day!
Have you ever wonder what it takes to get those close up sock shots like they do on Amazon, where you can mouse-over and practically see every detail and every thread of the sock?
Getting a good close up photograph can mean the difference between a purchase or a pass decision, and Stomper Joe is very proud of enlisting the best creative photographers for our products.
- The First Requirement Is A Really Good Foot.
We like using real feet instead of mannequins, so our photo foot has to be blemish and callous free and without the ankle hair of a chimpanzee.
- The Second Requirement Is Excellent Lighting And A Neutral Background.
This is what allows the photographer and the camera to catch the microfiber weave details of the socks.
- The Third Requirement Is Patience.
The foot model may sneeze or have a toe cramp; the photographer may prefer a different angle, or the lighting may need to be adjusted for different colors of socks.
Have you just met the possible love of your life? Getting to know him/her in the giddy stages of love? Sneak a look at their shoes, and we’ll tell you a bit more about them..
You have about 10 seconds to make an initial impression on a stranger. Face, handshake, and shoes!
Are his or her shoes practical and functional? If so, your partner will most probably be relaxed and easy-going in your relationship.
- Are his or her shoes clean? Scuffy, scratched shoes are fine for a stroll to the beach, but daily use might indicate they are a bit scratchy and scruffy around the house as well.
- Are her shoes Jimmy Choos? If so, make sure your bank account is ready for a lot of spending all around.
- Does he spend more time with shoe polish than with you? You might have a narcissist on your hands.
- Does she insist on panty hose with her pumps? She’ll make a great, old-fashioned mom.
- Does he wear white athletic socks with just about everything? He’s probably not going to enjoy going to weddings, Michelin restaurants or too far from home.
- Does he or she wear Stomper Joe, no-show socks? Grab the perfect fit! It means they are a practical, clean, sensible, value-oriented partner, combing class and style in their approach to life.
- Wear dark no show socks with black and brown shoes to eliminate any color transfer from the shoe to the sock
- Stomper Joe’s classic men’s no-show sock is extra low cut and therefore perfect for yachties who sear Sperry’s and top-siders.
- Use the beige/nude color for lighter color shoes, and our khaki color for darker skin tones.
- Don’t substitute a no-show sock (even Stomper Joe socks!) for a true sport sock when you are at the gym or engaging in heavy sports, especially running.
Stomper Joe Most Popular
No more swerving and sticky feet